Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Monday, July 24, 2006

yo

I reached my goal weight! I lost a total of 10 pounds. I fit into many of my old pants - thought I still don't have that flat stomach. But now the strange part is that I want to gain weight! Lol. I need muscle. It's so funny how in the beginning all I wanted to do was lose pounds. And now I've learned SO much about healthy eating and exercise that I could give a damn about my weight - I just want to feel good and be healthy.

I found a yoga class very close to our house that was M and W sessions that hubby can make after work. So I'm thinking 2 days of yoga and 3 days of working out a week. Hubby loves yoga so I'll put up with it to give him company. Maybe I'll learn to like it too =)

On a side note, why are grocery stores so damn cold? I feel like I can't go shopping without a friggin sweater and coat on. How do parents take their kids inside wearing shorts and dresses! Craziness.

7 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Bengali Chick said...

That is awesome! That is a serious accomplishment, 10 lbs ain't easy to lose!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Chic Mommy said...

congrats on the weight loss! I've had the reverse happen to me, my stomach is getting flatter from pilates but I haven't lost any real weight. I lost 3 lbs a while ago, but I gained it all back.

ditto on the grocery stores, we just end up freezing too.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Pilates?

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger sherni said...

bc ~ I know! I'm so excited!! I remember all the ranting I did when I felt like it would never come off.

cm ~ thanks!! Now I feel like I should really give pilates a chance. I'm going to try to find a class.

neena ~ Pilates is a form of exercise that focuses on improving your body's flexibility and strength. Usually done using a mat. Try a google search on it.

ennis ~ that makes no sense. I want to leave supermarkets quickly because they're so cold. If they were a nice temp, I would be more likely to stroll and buy. Yoga = flat stomach? Hmm, even more reason for me to suck it up and start liking it.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Chic Mommy said...

sonia, yoga and pilates are both good for strength and flexibility, but I tried yoga and it didn't do as much for my abs as much as Pilates did. Both techniques are similar but different. yoga focuses on the body overall, it's a more "holisitic" approach to fitness, but pilates specifically targets your core ab muscles, and strengthens your back (I read Pilates for Dummies, that's how I know) which is what I need especially after childbirth. If you want to target only your abs, go for Pilates. I saw results in only two weeks.

Neena, I use Winsor Pilates DVD. I know it sounds like market hype, but it really works. 20 minutes, every other day. I do it before I go to bed.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger sherni said...

cm ~ I even own the winsor pilates dvd's! I bought them when I first got married. I think I did it once or twice but never got around to it again. I should try it again but I'm just lazy when it comes to doing stuff like that - the gym motivates me more. But your quick results are convincing me to give it another try =)

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home