Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

SoniaJoti.com

I'm bummed. Before we got married, I bought the domain SoniaJoti.com and built a wedding website. I kid you not, this website was great - well, for someone who was doing it for kicks and had no professional experience. It had our proposal story, a video montage of our engagement party, out of town guest info, etc etc. I was a trendsetter - no one in my circle or hubby's circle of friends had done something like that. Anyways, it was the only thing I heard for like 2 years - my best friend even worked it into the skit she organized at our reception. My dad to this day will sometimes randomly call and say, "So what's going on, SoniaJoti.com."So, you get the point, this website was like our middle name.

Last year I let it expire - warning emails went to my old account. I could have bought it back but I was lazy. Or maybe I just wanted to move on from that phase of life. Maybe I was struggling to build IndianWeddingSite.com and didn't want to deal with another website. I just wasn't excited about renewing it. So then recently we start talking about a family website because, knowing my geekiness, I will need an outlet to bombard people with updates on my kids and their many pictures and videos. We decided to get SoniaJoti.com back since we have no idea what our kids names will be and our names aren't changing =)

So I go to get it and find that someone else has bought it! Some stupid company that just buys up mass expired domains and sits on them. I e-mailed them but still haven't received a response. If I have to pay big money to get MY domain name back, I will be so pissed. I'm kicking myself in the ass for letting it expire.

All I want is my website back!!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Bengali Chick said...

Oh no! Crossing my fingers for you.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger sherni said...

=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home