Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rain and Food

So finally got to have a Restaurant Week dinner - we chose Victor's Cafe and went with a group. You can read my review here on Yelp if you're interested. I wasn't super-happy, but the chocolate lava cake at the end made me happy - which is why it's a requirement for me at any expensive dinner.

The rain last night was insane!! We left the restaurant in search of a cab and got completely drenched. And I'm not talking oh-my-shirt-is-wet drenched - I'm talking my-pants-are-completely-see-through drenched. Oh, it was my most horrible rain experience. I swear this is the second time I wore my cute jeweled white flip flops to the city and both times it rained. I am never wearing those out of CT again.

Got to the train station and seriously stood underneath the hand dryer, drying my pants. I must have looked like such an idiot - especially while trying to dry my butt. One person sympathized with me, I think the others just looked at me weird. Haha. I swear I felt like I was in some stupid comedy movie.

The drive home with the psychotic lightning and thunder didn't help. Lightning is absolutely gorgeous but should be enjoyed from the comfort of your home. The fear of being struck by it did not make for a fun drive - the fallen tree branches didn't help either.

Back to work I go!

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger sherni said...

you ARE evil - and i have to listen and fill that thing out now! I will do it tomorrow =)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger sherni said...

Ah yes, if only my capris and t-shirt were a sari, I would have been Madhuri!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home