Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Old Buddies

It's been a long time since I reconnected with an old friend - but last night I got the chance over a Pizookie at BJ's (something I've heard about way too often and just now got a chance to try).

I used to hang out with T in college and we would roam around singing the latest Nelly song in her car. She taught me lyrics I never would have understood on my own (Let me in-a, let me in-a, Bill Gates, Donald Trump let me in-a) - even if it involved looking them up online =) We understood each other's commuting challenges and, worse, parking challenges.

I didn't see her senior year since she had graduated and we probably only met briefly once or twice since '02.

She lives less than 5 minutes away from my parents' house yet we just met now after so many years.

Well, it was good to catch up and see that she's still gorgeous .. and now on the prowl =)

It's funny how so many years can go by and yet you feel like you just hung out last week. Sure, we've both gone through big life changes, but I feel like I could still get in a car with her and engage in a round of "andale, andale, mami, E.I. E.I Uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

.. at least i hope so .. we'll try it out next time I see her =)

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger chick pea said...

pizookies RULE
i go to bj's just for that.. yum
eat one for moi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home