Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hello and Goodbye

Back from London (haven't unpacked yet) and off to the Bahamas on Saturday (haven't packed yet).

London was great ... felt really weird to come back "home" to CT. A few observations:

1) 12 people in one house with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom = insanity! Why are these English homes so friggin small?

2) Londoners are rude. Not the people we really got to know, but in general. I could count on one finger how many times I heard the word "please." From the airport, to the mall to sightseeing I got one "pardon me" and multiple people bumping into me. We were really freaked out by the rudeness.

3) I MET AISHWARYA RAI!!! YES, MY IDOL! ok she's not my idol, i'm just obsessed with her. Beyond obsessed actually .. to the point that my husband knows I would leave him for her. Anyways, I MET HER! I wasn't going to pick up the hubby from the airport but last minute decided to. Woke up 10 minutes before the taxi came and headed out. Found him and he told me Aishwarya was behind him walking down to customs and just went out to the parking garage. Me and my cousin ran our unshowered selves to the garage to find her. And there she was ... walking to her limo. Damn, she lost weight. I knew she was getting in shape for her role in The Last Legion .. but damn! She was gorgeous .. even though half her face was covered by big sunglasses. I didn't have my camera so i had to rely on my cheapo phone camera. And luckily the cousin had a pen and I had a notebook so we got autographs. So I met the most beautiful woman in the world and all I have to show for it is a tiny, blurry phone picture. So now, of course, I'm looking for a phone to buy that has a high tech camera. Anyways, I MET AISHWARYA!








4) The tube is very clean. The busses are really convenient.

5) Southall (we were staying less than 10 mins away) is straight up Delhi. Every other storekeeper was a Sardar. The stores reminded me of Jawala-eeri (sp? i can barely even say it) Market near my Masi's house. It was awesome. I bought like 10 rings for a pound each. Yes, those big flashy gaudy ones. I love it.

6) My cousin looked gorgeous at all of her wedding events and has the best style I've seen. I wish I had her design my wedding outfits. How she wore those pieces on her petite little body, I have no idea. But she looked gorgeous. None of the pictures with her are posting right now but I'll try again later.





















Ok that's all for London. I'm off to do laundry and unpack/pack.

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger oodles said...

You're back, and now you're leaving again?
Southall is straight up Jalandhar, in my opinion, but I didn't get to go shopping there. I'm just making a rash judgement of the sights and the folks living in my relatives' neighborhoods.
And, dude, you met Aishwarya?? Yeah for you!

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Brits seem to think that they're too polite:

http://neweconomist.blogs.com/new_economist/2005/12/the_english_mut.html

really!

-- Ennis

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Subaru legacy outback gt limited wagon review Vw t4 accessories Woman s hair loss camping kenya safari Freelance cad drafting service fees Fiat 3 wheeled trucks Portable am fm mp3 players tramadol xenical Starks vacuum cleaner store volkswagen bus classifieds C 290582 web development 8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home