Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 Roundup

I've been reflecting on 2005 and I thought it would be nice to have the year's big memories in one place. So i've edited this post a few times and come up with some notable memories.

*December 2005 marks the one year anniversary of IndianWeddingSite.com. What started out as a little side hobby is now getting over 1.4 million hits a month and providing brides with a resource they never had before. I can't wait to see what happens in 2006.

*I fell in love with the Dhol Foundation after seeing them perform live at a wedding reception in New Jersey. I am mesmerized by how amazing dhol can be.

*I spent a lot of money discovering some great restaurants that I'll always remember and I look forward to spending more!

*I gained weight and started going to the gym - even took a step aerobics class. That felt really good and I'm happy to report that I'm almost halfway to my goal weight.

*I cooked my first meal(s). Yes, I've been married almost 3 years and I've never cooked. So sue me. Anyways, 2 out of 3 meals turned out well. The first wasn't horrible .. just dry. So I can now cook!!

*I went on a bunch of trips with the hubby and/or the family ~ Toronto, D.C., Montreal, California (San Jose, Half Moon Bay, Orange County), Boston, Virginia, London and Bahamas. I have pictures and unique memories from each trip that hopefully I'll never forget. I also know really good Thai restaurants in each area =)

*I also fell in love with Rabbi Shergill (I think that was this year). No album has been as great as his debut one. I can't wait to see what he comes out with next and I only hope that the fame doesn't contaminate his unique style.

*I planned my very first baby shower and received tons of compliments. Even though my theme wasn't fully tied together because one of my items arrived late, I think everyone still figured it out (well, minus the annoying aunties who were just there for the prizes).

Ok I can't keep saving this as a draft so I'm letting it go now =)

***Oh, um, yeah, DUH! My nephew was born this year =) Luckily he'll never see this blog when he grows up and won't realize that i forgot him on my list of 2005 greats =)

***Uh, wow, how could I forget that I met the obsession of my life - Aishwarya Rai!! Wow, what an experience that was. I've had many dreams about her since then. The other day we were at the Oscars and she asked if I wanted a picture with her and we started talking and became friends. Oh, my imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home