Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Waris the man

Waris Ahluwalia is awesome. Not only did he play a great role in Inside Man, but he continues to prove that Sikhs can make a mark in America's film industry. This guy just doesn't let the man stop him! For a Sikh man to walk on set and only do roles that allow him to speak English without a fobby accent is pretty rare. Props to Waris.

He's also in Wes Andersons' new commercial for American Express - you can watch it here. He's a great role model for younger Sikhs (and I'm basing this on his career, not personal life, of which I know nothing about). He even has his own line of blinged out stuff called House of Waris, which I can't afford. What a pimp. I want a House of Sonia! Ok, that doesn't sound as cool.

I think I saw him the other night in the city (which would be sighting #2). Should have gone up and said congrats =)

Updated: So my husband went to Sikh camp with Waris. And he also went to camp with Vikram Chatwal. Oh, you better believe my 5 year olds will learn all about networking and plaxo!