Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Let the Parties Begin!

It has officially started. PARTY SEASON.

Now the all caps may seem like I'm excited, but I think I'm more stressed than excited. Everyone knows I love a good wedding (uh, hello), but I wasn't expecting this onslaught of them. I now have 3 on schedule between now and the end of May. But let's not forget the Sweet 16's and all the other reasons people celebrate. On one Saturday in May I have a communion and the reception for the communion in Long Island, a wedding reception in Poughkeepsie, and a Sweet 16 in New Jersey. I suddenly understand how this one friend of ours who is always juggling 2-3 events on a Saturday night feels. And I thought he was lucky!

I feel cheated out of weekends. Let me rephrase that - weekends with warm weather! I want to go out and play tennis and have picnics. Instead I'll be getting primped and pinned for parties. Why do you people take away my summers! Have your parties in November dammit!

Ok, who am I to complain. I had my wedding on a long weekend in July and ruined anyone's chance of a 3-day summer getaway =)

Hey, I'm sorry, it was a bicoastal wedding!

5 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger sherni said...

Ugh, the dinners! When we first got married it seemed every weekend was one family dinner or another held in our "honor." Hell, I would have appreciated a check in the mail and a free weekend instead! Lol, I did like making money on the weekends for getting dressed up and eating though hehe. It took us over a year to get through all of them!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger sherni said...

AMN ~ Lol - ok I guess going to a couple weddings is better than letting those pretty clothes hang .. especially now that my mother in law brought me 9 more outfits from india! And yup, IndianWeddingSite.com is my baby.

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Anderson bathing in pamela suit Guys mature chevrolet truck color chips blonde cowgirls Phillips coffee maker replacment caraf http://www.chevrolet-corvette-5.info/2005-chevrolet-corvette.html Personalized bookcase http://www.noahcarcovers.info/2000_chevrolet_blazer_wiring_diagram.html Volvo p1800 with v8 Bath dripping faucet fix tub Hotel 4 stelle aeroporto malpensa conference calling Dealer gmc houston chevrolet dealer orange countyva voyeur uppy pics Medical info on the use of neurontin Seat cover for 73-87 chevy trucks

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home