Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I've had dinner with some of my favorite girls this week and it's such a great feeling! Living in the boonies of CT has really made me appreciate this time I have with them. Socializing was so easy in college - I went to class, hung out with friends, ate with friends, went to class, did some more hanging out etc etc. We had Thursday night Friends nights that could never be missed. And, oh the bhangra practices. My life wouldn't have been the same without bhangra in college.

Anyways, it was so easy back then and I'm sure I took it for granted ... rushed into married life thinking that would stabilize the drama college life brings. Sure, there's no drama but there's a whole lot less fun along with it!

I guess going out every month or two and reminiscing about college is a good thing - but then inevitably we have to discuss how we don't know what's going to happen in life and how important it is to have things squared away and planned.

Why can't college be a recurring thing? Go to college, graduate, enter the real world, then go back to college and repeat =) That would be a great balance!