Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Exercise DVD's

Ok so I bought a couple of workout dvd's from ebay a few weeks ago. The first one I love - it's some cardio dance dvd. They have a warm-up, salsa dancing and "funk" dancing. The chick in the video is fun and perky and makes you want to work-out. And the hubby doesn't mind it because he thinks she's hot. Ok so great dvd.

Then I got some "Slim Fitness" dvd and I just tried it. Wow, can we say boring? First of all, the instructions are just in the background and the actual chick is in her own world. So there's absolutely no motivation because she's not pushing you to do anything. On top of that, the voice has an English accent. Gee, that's going to push me to work-out. And get this, the chick has this little pouch and she's ugly and middle aged. Uhh, if I want to see a pouch I'll look at my own stomach thank you very much. Ok, it's not horrible but it's definitely not workout dvd worthy. Ew. So that was a waste of money. Unless I can stomach watching the whole thing and just finding some moves I like and doing them without the dvd.

Ok end workout rant =)