Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Updates etc

So my mom and sister were over on the east this weekend. The weather was great ... as compared to current California weather =) Haha, how many chances will I ever have to make that statement? Well, my husband has made it about 300 times now which should be no surprise. It actually snowed in San Jose! Dad said it came down and disappeared within 10 minutes though. That's insane.

We went to Canal Street and they got some fake Coach and Burberry purses. I love the little earrings and hair trinkets too so I got some of those. And of course, my mom had to buy at least 10 shawls because she can't go on a trip without doing that.

We also saw Rang De Basanti .. mom didn't care for it and I was bored. I mean, the message was great and all but I just thought the movie dragged on way too long. And far too much blood .. not my kind of movie. Give me a message but I can do without the melodramatic bloody scenes and mothers in comas. I can handle bloody gore in american movies, but not indian. My poor mom had no idea that's what the movie was about and went in thinking it would be fun and games and riding on horses while singing haha. I guess I should have let her know =)

I'm in California right now with a packed schedule so I'm not going to get to see very many people =( Having dinner with my best buddy tonight and dinner with the girls tomorrow night. Friday hubby is flying in and we're going straight to In n Out =) Then we fly back together on Tuesday. Yay for Cali!

Let's just hope the weather is good this weekend so I don't have to hear about the great east coast weather from my husband again =)

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger oodles said...

It hailed, again, in San Francisco yesterday! I hope that the weather behaves for your visit!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Chic Mommy said...

Hi Sonia! Nice blog. I thought Rang De Basanti was about horseback riding and singing too, glad you updated me.
In NJ it's really windy here, I think we may even have some tornadoes brewing.

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sonia...I was browsing for information on coolest kid in the us when I stumbled on to your blog. I can tell why with your latest post on Updates etc it really caught my attention. I'd love to see more information about coolest kid in the us and I'll come back by to see what you have going on here as well. Thanks again!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home