Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Vacation Plans =(

Ok .. so an update on my vacation plans.

We were thinking Belize .. but upon further research decided that it's not the best spot we could go. So then we kinda put it on the back burner. Then hubby got a job offer and yesterday we realized that he can leave his current job a couple days early, giving us a wednesday to sunday time frame to go somewhere. So I went back to the AA reduce mileage awards list. I explored a bunch of them and then fell in love with St. Kitts/Nevis in the Caribbean. There's great beach, it's a tropical island, there's safaris and hiking - reminded us of our honeymoon in French Polynesia. So I spent yesterday researching my butt off and figuring everything out. I had checked for flights online and everything seemed fine.

BUT .. then last night I call AA at 10pm to book it and they tell me that I can't look at the normal AA flights - they only designate a certain number of seats for their promotions. So, of course, there is nothing to this area in the times we need. Then I check every other damn destination on the list and there are no flights coming back on Sunday - only on Mon or Tue, which obviously doesn't work.

So long story short, no fancy schmancy vacation for us. Regular flights to St. Kitts are around $800 each so that's not happening. None of the last minute packages available are appealing, or work in the time we need to go.

Sigh.

This sucks.

I'm currently brainstorming other ideas. Let's see what happens.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger sherni said...

that sounds like a great idea! oh, and spa week is coming up which means $50 treatments =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home