Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Butter Review

Butter Restaurant
415 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003

Went there for Restaurant week so sampled the limited menu.

First Course: Cavatappi Pasta Spicy Lamb Sausage and Yellow Tomato Sauce
Wow! I wish this was my entree. The flavor was amazing.

Second Course: Braised Lamb ShankGarbanzo Beans, Slow Cooked Endive
I can't wait to tell my mom I had lamb with choley. Haha. Not a fan - the sauce was too sweet.

Dessert: Warm Chocolate Stout Cake Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Chantilly
A lovely way to end the dinner, but I was expecting a molten center which I didn't get. And did you know that chocolate "chantilly" just means chocolate mousse? Anyways, I can't complain about chocolate cake and ice cream.


Good food - nice setting - wouldn't go again anytime soon simply because there's too many other restaurants to try - and those damn skinny model waitresses annoyed me!

1 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. taxi eyeglass frames eyewear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home