Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Friday, September 30, 2005

55 Days of Fiction

So I took the bait from Anna and decided to try out this 55 words thing. I've always loved writing but never really got into it as much as I wanted to. I even drafted an outline for a book I want to write ... but, again, did nothing with that idea. Anyways, here's my first attempt:

At the end of this last round, their two souls would join as one. Her hometown Gurdwara was filled with love - a mother's tear, a sister's smile, a father's pride.

She took small steps, with the palla clutched tightly in her beautifully decorated hands, and finally allowed the tears to flow from her tired eyes.

5 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wedding themed, what a surprise ;) Next week, you have to pick a new genre - nothing with love in it!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger sherni said...

haha, you got me. I will try harder tomorrow =)

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given your last post though, maybe it's OK if you write about children ...

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free. Personal Shopper Service. Can't find it? We will go shopping to find birthday gift idea for mom. We'll find the item and have it shipped right out with no added fees.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home