Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Happy Birthday Baby!


It's funny how much joy a kid can bring in to your life. I swear my niece saved me from going insane after moving out here. She's so close to us and completely thinks of my husband and I as her second parents. Yesterday was her birthday and we both took off from work (slightly easier for me) and spent the day entertaining her. She had painting class in the morning where we found that we had raised a complete hog of a child. She followed the teacher around everywhere and I think at times she thought she was the teacher.

Then was a trip to Wendy's to buy chicken strips which we took to the beach. The beach was gorgeous .. perfect weather. Of course she threw a fit when we had to leave. Anyways, then a quick nap at home and then dinner with the families at her favorite restaurant, Jani. What dining experience can be better than one in which a funny man throws egg at you and you have to try to catch it in your mouth?

She cut a gorgeous Cinderella cake and opened all 30 of her gifts (more than half from us, have I mentioned my husband is obsessed with her?). And there's more gifts to come at her birthday party.

Ok time to get breakfast and actually get some work done today.

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday, to a gorgeous child :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home