Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Flat Stomach Here I Come!

So we finally joined a gym!! We signed up for a family membership at the YMCA. I didn't want to join a Bally's or similar type of gym because I'm just too intimidated in places like those. So the Y was a perfect option. We went to work out yesterday and it was cool. I need to make a one-on-one appointment because I was clueless half the time I was there. I've always relied on bhangra to keep me in shape and have only been in a gym maybe 3 times. Sigh, I miss the bhangra competition days.

Anyways, I'm going to sign up for a morning step aerobics class starting in September. That will make sure I get up early and get my work done. And hopefully their trainer can help me work off this newlywed fat. Yes, newlywed fat. You thought the Freshman 15 was a big deal? HA! Get married and say goodbye to your young body. It's like my metabolism just went buhbye the day I got married.

I discussed this at a BBQ with another married friend and she had the same problem. I didn't gain a pound eating fast food everyday before, but now I can eat healthy food and still gain weight. I have this indian outfit I had designed as a part of my wedding trousseau that has a sheer midriff area. I haven't even worn it! And now I can't wear it until I'm as thin as I used to be. Ok I'm done with the weight complaints.

If nothing else, this will force my hubby to be more healthy. He's getting old ;-)

3 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger suitablegirl said...

sigh. try gaining almost thirty pounds in a year. my body is out of control. no worries, since i just joined a gym, too. we'll bug each other to go, 'k? midriff-baring outfits, here we come...just in time for winter. ;)

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha you dork.. i go to the Y too~!! lets see how long u stick with that class and waking up early haha

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fiancee and I have a deal that in 2 years we will look and feel our best...physically and health wise. We tried our best for our wedding but with our situs and all the travelling at work, we did okay.

The gym didn't work for me, I'm a 3-5k Run or walk everyday kind of girl. I know the weather in the east coast might not allow it, but its another option. Best of luck... and remember eating healthy helps too :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home