Bicoastalism: the story of my life

Born and Raised in Cali but (temporarily?) on the East Coast.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Chuck E Cheese's

Chuck-e-Cheese's ... Where a kid can be a kid!

Remember that place? I was thinking about it earlier today. We used to go there every month - myself, my sister and my two cousins - it was a ritual. Every month my aunt would collect all the bottles and recyclables and take them to be exchanged for some moola. It would always come out to about $20. Back in the days, that was enough to get us all pizza and 100 tokens.

My aunt was a cheapskate and this is where she proved it. They used to give us a cup with all of the tokens. So we would go back and ask for more cups so we could split our tokens. But then my aunt would take these cups and get free drinks in them. I was always so embarassed. Fast forward a year or so and there we are asking for cups. But this time ... the twist ... they poked little holes in the bottom of the cups!! Perfect for tokens, but not so perfect for free drinks!

So that's my memory of the day ... now chuck e cheese is just a grimy place full of germs that no one really goes to anymore. Sigh, the good 'ol days.

4 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Thister said...

Haha! That's funny! Oh nostalgia, huh? I remember going to a place called "Gigglebees" in South Dakota when I was nine and getting the crap scared out of me by the mascot. He was a huge stuffed mouse with a sound box, not a person, that moved around on this cuircut and delivered the pizza to the table and talked to you. I remember I had just gotten up to go play some games when he came out of this white enclosed area (which I didn't know was the kitchen) and attacked me. Ok, not really, but he followed me down the curicut and kept asking me questions. I felt like I was being stalked though! All I wanted to do was play some games!

Found you blog-hopping, by the way. Welcome to blogger and bloging! :D Good to see a real, substance blog instead of spam-blogs when I blog-hop. :)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger sherni said...

haha i feel your pain with being chased by one of those things! That's why I never went back to this place called Bullwinkle's. Anyways, glad to see you survived the mouse attack =)

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Audi main dealer Patent law bar exam Dance team auditions Microdrive compactflash type ii

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Detector project radar venlafaxine hydrochloride and solubility

 

Post a Comment

<< Home